When it comes to Pardot forms and email preference centers, there can be a lot to customize. Some of these items are easy to figure out, but there are some lesser known ways to customize some of these features as well.
1. The Resubscribe Button
- Edit the Layout Template you’re using for your unsubscribe page.
- Replace “YOUR TRANSLATED TEXT” with the message that you’d like to display on the button.
- That’s it, you’re done!
Code to customize the ‘Resubscribe’ text
var span = $(‘form.form p.submit’);
span.html(span.html().replace(“Re-subscribe”,”YOUR TRANSLATED TEXT”));
2. Customize the ‘Not You?’ text on your Pardot forms
- Edit the Layout Template that is being used for the form
- Replace “UPDATE1” and “UPDATE2” with your desired language.
- That’s it! Just don’t forget that the option to include a ‘Not You?’ link is disabled by default. To enable this feature:
- Edit your form
- Jump to step 3 of the wizard, ‘Look and Feel’
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Check the box to include a ‘Not You?’ link
Code to customize the ‘Not You?’ text
var span = $(‘.email span.description’).first();
3. Edit the Error Message on Your Pardot Form Fields
The last thing I’ll cover in this article is how to go about changing the error message your Pardot form fields give when someone enters in information incorrectly. These messages could be triggered by something like trying to enter a personal email address on a form that only allows business email addresses, or forgetting to fill out a required field.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Edit the layout template of the form
- Click on the ‘Form’ tab
- Updated the highlighted portion of the screenshot with your selected text
Hopefully you find these tips useful in your everyday life as a Pardot Admin. If you’re looking for more tips and tricks, support, or marketing automation strategy, let the Pardot consultants at Invado Solutions know!